title & welcome

The Freeman Family
Welcome to our family scrapbook - pictures and stories from our day to day lives... all the fun & laughter, trials & triumphs... ENJOY!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Our little man...



Cade is our "little man". He seems to be in such a transition phase right now between "baby boy" and "big boy". He's physically grown a lot
since his birthday in November, and a lot has happened to him, too (bless his heart).
His intial move to a big boy bed was very smooth. After being so sick, though, and taking such crazy meds, he has thrived on getting out of his bed REPETITIVELY after he was laid down. (I'm talking sometimes an hour to make sure he stayed in the bed. Talk about exhaustion on the parents' end!) He's coming off a good week, though. I'm very proud of him. Four nights in a row staying in bed and one naptime staying in bed is awesome!
We're hoping this trend continues!
He's not too interested in using the potty yet, but will on occassion. (Potty training has not been an issue I've been willing to tackle until the bed issues were resolved.) I think as the weather gets warmer,
we'll be able to focus more on this.
Cade is our Jekyll & Hyde baby. He can be so sensitive & so rough, and so sweet & so ugly sometimes... He can turn on a dime!
His speech and vocabulary have always been good, but lately, he's begun resorting back to "baby-talk" more often. Sometimes I don't think he's sure he wants to grow up! (That's OK, little man, sometimes Mommy's not sure either!) He has said some really cute things this week...
1) Cade was with me at an appointment this week and we were reading one of his tractor books. A farmer is mentioned in it, so I asked him if he knew a farmer. He said NO. I said sure you do! He said NO. I said Papa is a farmer. He said NO HE'S NOT and laughed. I replied yes he is. Again he laughed and added, PAPA'S NOT A FARMER. HE'S A PAPA. (sweet boy)
2) Cade is a big singer. Sometimes he talks himself to sleep, but most of the time he sings. Tonight he went to bed singing to a familiar tune, "Mommy & Daddy, they love me, they love me, they love me... Mommy, Daddy, love me, love me, love me." Yes, we do, little man... yes, we do.

No comments: