title & welcome

The Freeman Family
Welcome to our family scrapbook - pictures and stories from our day to day lives... all the fun & laughter, trials & triumphs... ENJOY!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baseball Boy

Springtime brings around baseball season, and this season, baseball was brought to our house. Hudson is playing his first year of Tball, and he is having a blast! Like with soccer, he's just happy to be out on the field & playing. He's the youngest on his team, but has already shown a lot of improvement. In the beginning, he struggled to stay focused in the outfield... pretty typical of 4-year-olds, I'm sure. We've had our episodes of filling our glove with dirt, filling our hat with dirt, throwing our glove around in the air, and even laying down in the field, but he's made it through the last 3 games on both feet! WOW! :) This past Friday night, he got his first hit without the tee. He was thrilled! After he rounded home plate (which he owns whenever he gets there - ha!), he ran straight to the fence to make sure I knew he'd gotten a hit without the tee. He was extremely proud, and announced that he'd earned a milkshake when we got home. :) He's had lots of visitors for his games. We're a little more than half-way through the season, and pretty much the whole family, at one time or another, has made it to a game. He loves an audience! I know I should have posted pictures earlier in the season, but, again, I tend to leave my camera behind. At his very first game, I videoed mostly. I can get stills off my video camera, but I haven't spent enough time with it to figure that part out yet - ha!

Here he is in the outfield... not quite "baseball ready", but on his feet at least!

Taking a few practice swings, and making sure we're watching, of course!

Never underestimate the importance of tapping the plate...

On first, and ready to trot... I mean run... the bases!

No comments: