title & welcome

The Freeman Family
Welcome to our family scrapbook - pictures and stories from our day to day lives... all the fun & laughter, trials & triumphs... ENJOY!

Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royal Wedding

I am not "obsessed" with the Royal family as many are, but the Royal Wedding that took place today is quite fascinating. It certainly appeals to my "little girl" side, where a belief in fairytales & happy endings lives. (I kind of just wanted to have this documented in our scrapbook in case the kids were ever interested, particulary Callie, I guess :)
Diana, Princess of Wales, married Prince Charles (Queen Elizabeth's eldest son) in 1981. I can't honestly say that I recall when that wedding took place, but having seen so many pictures & heard of their story so many times over the years, it feels like I watched it at the time. Anyway... Charles & Diana had two sons, William & Harry. This year, on April 29, 2011, William married commoner Catherine Middleton.
William and Kate have a very genuine and sweet love story. They met at St. Andrews, became friends & roommates, then continued a relationship outside of college. Their love seems to be based on a true friendship, & respect for one another. I sincerely hope that they enjoy a lifetime of love & happiness!
William & Kate, Duke & Duchess of Cambridge... the future King & Queen of England


No comments: