title & welcome

The Freeman Family
Welcome to our family scrapbook - pictures and stories from our day to day lives... all the fun & laughter, trials & triumphs... ENJOY!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Pray for Lucy

This is Lucy. An active, fun, nearly 5-year-old so full of life! She is part of a wonderful, loving, caring, faithful Christian family. This week, though, they are all beginning a frightful battle. Lucy has been diagnosed with medulloblastoma. She has multiple brain tumors, and a "sugarcoating" of tumors along her spine. Three brain tumors and one spinal tumor are being surgically removed today. Her recovery will also require "aggressive" radiation & chemotherapy in the months to come. Please pray for this precious child, and her family.
I can't even begin to describe how this news has effected me or others in this community. I know that the family is receiving tremendous support from family, friends & the community.
It's hard to even put into words the sort of 'gloomy fog' I've felt since hearing this news on Wednesday & Thursday. I'm a friend... not part of the family, and not one of the closest friends, but a friend nonetheless, and trying to process this news, the shock & devastation, is, even for me, difficult (for lack of a better word). But I see this family, this community, coming together... showing love & compassion, so full of hope & faith, and it is honestly inspiring in light of such a 'dark' situation. Like I said, I'm not sure I'm using the right words to describe all of this... My heart is just so heavy for this little girl and her family, and I am in such awe of their strength & faith. God truly is a God of mercy, compassion, strength, and understanding. Even though we do not understand His plan for us, we are called to have faith, trust, and believe. Thank you, God.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight."
Proverbs 3:5

1 comment:

Brandi said...

A gloomy fog is a good way to describe it Cherri. It's hard to get your mind around....