title & welcome

The Freeman Family
Welcome to our family scrapbook - pictures and stories from our day to day lives... all the fun & laughter, trials & triumphs... ENJOY!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Change...

You know when you have kids that they won't stay little forever. Growing up, separating themselves, & gaining independence little-by-little is part of the process. That knowledge doesn't make it any easier, though! When you hear it, it is so cliche' and lots of times just kind of passed off as a general comment. When you experience it, it can hit you like a brick wall! I guess I'm experiencing a little separation with all three of my kids right now, and if I let myself think about it, well... I can get a little emotional :)
Callie is about to have her first birthday, so we're transitioning her to "big girl" milk and a cup (= less 1-1 time with Mommy). Plus, she's trying to walk, so she wants to be down and about all the time (= don't hold me!)!
Cade is going to preschool for the first time. He's enrolled 5 mornings per week, which was a decision we did not make lightly. He's almost 4-years-old, big brother is gone all day every day, and the 5-day-wk teacher is wonderful... all of which factored into our decision. It is really good for him, socially & developmentally. He will thrive, but I miss my little man!
Hudson has started Kindergarten this year, and he loves it! I knew it was coming, and have known he was ready, but I'm still processing that he's in real school. It sort of just occurred to me one day that he'll never be "at home" on a daily basis again. Wow... talk about sobering. I am so proud of my big boy.

Kiddos - Always remember how much Mommy loves you!! And I cherish the times we spend together! Even though it's busy, busy, busy most of the time, I just love being with you!

No comments: