title & welcome

The Freeman Family
Welcome to our family scrapbook - pictures and stories from our day to day lives... all the fun & laughter, trials & triumphs... ENJOY!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Want to Remember

I've been meaning to do this post for a while... seem to be slow getting things posted these days. But, really, this post has no specific date associated with it. There are just things that Callie does & says right now that I always want to remember. I guess I'm just getting a little sentimental with her, knowing she is "it", the end, no more. She's just so darn cute right now... and so funny... and so big... and so sweet! She brings me so much joy! She makes me smile every day. I want to remember it all!

**One of her favorite sayings - "I need tell you somptin." (I need to tell you something.)
**How she attempts to delay sleep sometimes by saying, "I need div my broders a tiss." (I need to give my brothers a kiss.)
**If she's in the shower with me while I'm shaving, she always rubs a little shaving gel off for herself. She props her little leg up in the corner just like I do, and rubs it onto her leg.
**She loves to play with anything & everything in the house - race cars, animals (cows, horses, lions, tigers, cheetahs, giraffes, deer... ALL of them!), the TAG readers & map, Hudson's Leapster, her babies & her "dirls" (two bigger dolls she refers to as her girls), shoes, vacuum cleaners & dust mops, a cell phone!!! (which you'll have trouble getting away from her if she ever gets her hands on it).
**If she falls or bumps something, she stops and talks to that body part. She says, "It's otay. It's ooo-tay. Yet me div you a tiss." Then she kisses it & it's all OK.
**When she gets bossy with her brothers, she says things like, "You go time-out! Right now!" They'll often respond with, "Callie, you're not the boss," to which she quickly retorts, "No. I not de boss!" ha! She can be in her bed and hear us getting on to the boys to get ready for bed and start bossing them :)
**Can never get enough of "I yuv you" and "I yuv you, too".
**She sings every song in every movie and TV show... "The Lion King", "Beauty and the Beast", "Wonderpets" - "Won-pets, won-pets, we on we way".
**"Whad you say, honey?" lol!
**One of her favorite words - "stinty!" (stinky)... and the facial expression to go with it is priceless!
**She hears me call her Callie Jewel sometimes, so every now & then I get, "Mommy Jewel!"

I'm sure there are a million other things I need to write down to help me remember, but these are what come to mind now... I actually asked her today if she'd always be my little girl & she quickly responded NO! ha! How true (in some ways)... they grow up too quickly... trying to enjoy every minute!

No comments: